Monday, August 30, 2010

Settle out of court

August 30, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  More Parables; Luke 12:42-59

Luke 12:58-59 (Bible in Worldwide English)
58 If someone wants to take you to court, make an agreement with him quickly on the way.  If you do not, he will take you to the judge. The judge will give you to the guard, and the guard will put you in prison.
59 I tell you, you will not get out of prison until you have paid up every piece of money.’

While Jesus is clearly talking here about being taken to court for crimes you may or may not have done.  It is clear that the better thing to do is to settle out of court.  If you cannot you will have to pay the crime.

What may not be so clear is that I am heading to a judgement as well as all of those around me.  It is for crimes that I have committed just because I am human.  I live in a body that does not want to do the things that I want it to because it wants its own ways.  So in this case the best thing to do is to settle out of court.  So I went to Jesus and asked Him to represent me, He smiled and said yes.  We worked out the payment for my crimes, He paid for all of them.  Now, I can escape the payment.  Thanks for the help Jesus.  

Read for next time: Fate of Galileans Reported To Jesus; Luke 13:1-5
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list