Monday, August 2, 2010

I AM

August 2, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Temple debate about father Abraham; John 8:31-59

John 8:58  Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Did you notice it.  The very subtle verb change at the end of the verse.  Before Abraham was I am!  Jesus could have said, 'I was'.  No, He chose not to say He existed then, but that He existed for all time, then and now.

What is the big deal in tense of the verb?  Jesus said that not only did He exist then, but for all time as well. The Greek really says, before Abraham came into existence, I existed and will continue to do so.  

Jesus is real today.  He continues to live today.  Because of that, He walks with you today.  Feeling lonely, He is there as a friend.  Tempted to o wrong, talk to Him and let Him help you see the right way of doing things.  

Remember, I am!

Read for next time: Pharisees ask if they are blind: John 9:40 - 10:6
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list


Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list