Monday, August 9, 2010

Hiding

August 9, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Jesus Rejoices 10: 21 - 22

Luke 10:21 (Bible in Worldwide English)21 At that same time the Holy Spirit made Jesus very happy. Jesus said, ‘Father, you are Lord of heaven and earth. I thank you because you have hidden these things from people who are wise and know many things. But you have shown them to people who are like children. Yes, Father. That was the way you wanted it.

Man have I struggled with this verse. Why would God want to hide the good news from anyone?  And Jesus seems to rejoice in the fact that he is hiding it. Every time I meditated on it I could not get my mind around it.

While I can not claim to be a Greek scholar, I wonder if the words might be the fact that they hid it from themselves.  They think they are so wise and yet they cannot wrap their minds around faith.

Reminds me of a co-worker on one of my jobs.  He puts down my faith but believes that a big bang created it all.  He has more faith than I do I think.  

So God is not hiding it from you or me, He is hiding it from the ones who think they are so much better than us.

Read for next time: Jesus Privately Blesses the Twelve; Luke 10:23-24
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list