Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hear His Voice

August 3, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Pharisees ask if they are blind: John 9:40 - 10:6


ESV: John Chapter 10

[3] To him the gatekeeper opens. The sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
[4] When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.
[5] A stranger they will not follow, but they will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.


Jesus later in this chapter tells us he is the Sheppard.  He is the one who calls to us.  Notice something very important here.  He does not push us, we have to be led.  He will call out to us, and we can hear His voice and follow.  But that is only if we are familiar with His voice to start with.  

How do we get familiar with His voice. Only way that I know how is to get in the Word.  There are many times in my life that I have lost what His voice sounded like.  At one point in my life I even pushed His voice out of my life.  In the end though, the voice called back to me and I returned to Him.  

We can choose to walk away from that voice.  It will always call us back. We will have to choose to listen to it.  I can only recommend to do what I have not done of late, get in the Word to remember what His voice sounds like.

Read for next time: Jesus explains that He is the good Sheppard: John 10:19 - 21
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list


Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list