Saturday, October 29, 2011

Debate


October 27, 2011
The Life of Jesus; read today:  Caiaphas condemns Jesus; Matthew 26:62-66; Mark 14:60-64; Luke 22:66-71


ESV: Luke Chapter 22
 [67] If you are the Christ, tell us. But he said to them, If I tell you, you will not believe,


Our job as Christians is not to force what we believe, but to let others know the word.  Some will not want to hear, and that is OK. Others will hear and accept, that is great.  But some, like these leaders, are looking for ways for you to trap yourself.

When I run in to these people, I take my example from Jesus.  I tell them what I believe you will not believe and then stop the discussion.  All they are trying to do is turn me away from my faith. They do not wish to discuss, which means a giving and taking of  opinions, they want to convert.

Know your faith, and know when to let the others have theirs.



Read for next time: Sanhedrin beats Jesus; Matthew 26:67-68; Mark 14:65