Thursday, October 20, 2011

My Future


October 20, 2011
The Life of Jesus; read today:  Jesus is arrested. The disciples flee; Matthew 26:55-56; Mark 14:48-52; Luke  22:52-54; John 18:12



NET: Luke 22:54. Then they arrested Jesus, led him away, and brought him into the high priest's house. But Peter was following at a distance.

I think a lot of people, including myself, are a lot like Peter.  He followed Jesus for a long time and when times got rough he ran away.  But even though he ran, He still followed Jesus.  I know my own life was like that.  I ran from God at one point because I was not happy with the way my life was going in His hands.  I kept a close distance to Him though.  I would not go to church but I would make friends with people who were Christians.  In all of it I wanted to live life my way.

In reading ahead, we know that Peter too will want to keep his distance like I did. We also know he went on to be a driving force in the church.  All from a man who at this point in time would be considered a failure.

That kind of gives me a hope.  In life I have been a failure in so many things. I have messed up beyond belief.  Still, it is possible for me, as it was for Peter, to be used by God.


Read for next time: Jesus lead to high priest's house; Matthew 26:57; Mark 14:53; Luke 22:54; John 18:13-14