Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The whole world


November 1, 2011
The Life of Jesus; read today:  Sanhedrin beats Jesus; Matthew 26:67-68; Mark 14:65


GodsWord: Mark 14:65. Some of them began to spit on him. They covered his face and hit him with their fists. They said to him, "Prophesy!" Even the guards took him and slapped him.  

I posted a joke one day on my Facebook page. It said that ‘somedays I feel like the whole world is against me but I know that is not true, there are at least three third world countries that do not know who I am!”

In Jesus case, the whole world was against Him.  It was bad enough that the Jewish leaders were beating on Him, they convinced the guards to do it as well. The fact is that He did take all the weight of the world, including those third world countries, on Himself.  

I can not begin to understand the pain He went through. When I am feeling loneley, rejected and hurt, it would do me  good to take the time to look at this verse once again.  


Read for next time: Jesus lead from Caiaphas to Praetorium; John 18:28