Saturday, February 26, 2011

To Bargain With God

February 26, 2011

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  Jews question on paying taxes; Matthew 22:15-22; Mark 12:13-17; Luke 20:19-26

Luke 20:23(World English Bible)
23 But he perceived their craftiness, and said to them, "“Why do you test me?

In life this is called bargaining.  God if you will do this for me, I will do this for you.  We test God for answers that we know are not healthy for us. And then when things line up, because Satan can use it as a tool as well, we walk into it and think it is God. Trouble is, that when it is grabbed, it is often a life long change that cost more in the end than it was worth.

So, it is time for me to stand on my own to feet.  While I will have God guiding me from day to day, I need to learn to not test God.  Like Jesus, He will not show me the way I want, he will explain what I do from both sides and let me make the choice that I need.  I need to stop telling God that if He does this, provides that, or what ever, that I will line up with His way.  

In other words, I can not blame God when I fall.  If I was not bargaining with Him in the first place, I would have been OK.


Read for next time: Sadducees question the resurrection; Matthew 22:23-33; Mark 12:18-27; Luke 20:27-40
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list