Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cleaning the Temple

February 10, 2011

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  The 2nd temple cleansing; Matthew 21:12-13; Mark 11:15-17; Luke 19:45-46

Luke 19:45-46 (English Standard Version)
45 And he entered the temple and began to drive out those who sold,
46 saying to them, “It is written, ‘My house shall be a house of prayer,’ but you have made it a den of robbers.”

Jesus cleared the temple. There is not much spin that someone can put on this.  It was an upending of what the religious leaders of the time expected.  It does not take place in our time.

My body is a temple of God.  Like those days, I put things into it that do not need to be there and do things with it that I should not.  I need to learn that it is wrong.  I need to have a purging like Jesus did to that temple. If not, will it be done for me?


Read for next time: Jesus heals many in the temple; Matthew 21:14

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list