Monday, February 7, 2011

Does God change His mind?

February 7, 2011

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Jesus enters Jerusalem then goes to Bethany; Mark 11:11

NET Mark 11:11.
Then Jesus entered Jerusalem and went to the temple. And after looking around at everything, he went out to Bethany with the twelve since it was already late.

Sometimes things can seem so frustrating.  It will seem like God is telling you to do something but then everything seems to want to stop you from doing it.  Other times you see things one way but when you go to execute it things happen differently.  Is God changing His mind in these things?

Many times in writing these devotionals I meditate on the scripture and think of what I want to type up.  Only when I sit down to prepare it things come out way different.  I wondered then if God was changing His mind.  I have come to the conclusion that yes, sometimes He does change His mind.  Here in Mark 11:11 it seems that Jesus walks in, looks around and says nothing going on, and moves out.  But I think He had a plan, and when He got there, for whatever reason, maybe the guy did not show up, He just moved on.  

In my own life I need to have that same flexibility.  I need to know that when I start something, that it may not wind up the way that I expected, and God is OK with that.  God does change His mind.  


Read for next time: Jesus curses a fig tree; Mark 11:12-14

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list