Monday, February 14, 2011

Forgive the little things

February 14, 2011

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  The withered fig tree (next morning) ; Matthew 21:18-22; Mark 11:20-26

Mark 11:25 (English Standard Version)
25 And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”

As I was starting to write this, a person near me started to play some loud music. He turned it down when he realized someone was near, but it reminded me of a gentleman that used to be in the cube next to me. He played his music, movies, and anything else loud.  If you did not like it he was not going to change so you had to live with it.  While we got along otherwise, he was not the type of person that I would hang around with. I did not care for his music and he did not care for my Christianity.  

So when  I started to look at this verse I thought to myself, I have not had any problems with anyone, what can I write about here. God got me by the hairs on my neck and said, “big forgiveness problems, no, little ones, search your heart”. And that is when the music hit.  While I did not harbor large unforgiven in my heart, I had never forgiven my co-worker for his multiple infractions on my ears.

And while I can walk in love, I can not be forgiven till I forgive him, so I forgive him now.  Now to search for other places that I have not forgiven.

Read for next time: Authority challenged in the Temple; Matthew 21:23-27; Mark 11:27-33; Luke  20:1-8

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list