Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Leaves or Fruit

February 8, 2011

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  Jesus curses a fig tree; Mark 11:12-14


Jubilee2000: Mark Chapter 11

[12] And the next day when they left Bethany, he was hungry,
[13] and seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing upon her; but when he came to her, he found nothing but leaves, for the time of figs was not [yet].
[14] Then Jesus, answering, said to the fig tree, Never again shall anyone eat fruit of thee [hereafter] for ever. And his disciples heard [it].

Integrity, according to a saying that I try to live by, and often fail, is what you do when no one is looking.  When you do not get the reward, when you could cheat because no one would notice, and you do not, that is integrity.  

Jesus saw a tree with leaves.  Most of the trees that I see with leaves in them are at least in the baby stages of fruit making. Jesus saw this tree with leaves and wanted some fruit.  And He found none.

So I live my life as a good Christian, or at least try.  Jesus is a far off and seeing me.  Does He see leaves on me, my lifestyle and Christian walk.  I hope so.  When He gets close, what fruit does He see in me.


Read for next time: The 2nd temple cleansing; Matthew 21:12-13; Mark 11:15-17; Luke 19:45-46
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list