Friday, February 11, 2011

After I clean the temple?

February 10, 2011

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  Jesus heals many in the temple; Matthew 21:14

Matthew 21:14 (Montgomery New Testament)
14 Then the blind and the lame came to him in the Temple courts, and he healed them.

Yesterday I looked at Jesus clearing the temple and that I should be about the work of clearing my own temple.

As I see it today, cleaning the temple is the first step in being able to do things for other.

When Jesus had cleared the temple, He was able to then use it for good, healing the people that needed healing.  As I looked at the Greek used, healed in the verse can also mean waited on.  Jesus acted as a servant to these people, taking care of the needs that they had.  

When my own temple has been cleaned, I am no longer focused on me or my needs.  While I may occasionally slip, that is not the life I will lead.  Taking care of the needs of others, waiting on them, that is the life the Jesus lead, even when He knew His time was short.

Clean temple, help people, how simple can it be?

Read for next time: Jewish leaders seek to destroy Jesus; Matthew 21:15-16; Mark 11:18; Luke 19:47-48

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list