Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What do you see?

February 16, 2011

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  Parable of the two sons;; Matthew 21:28-32

I have the need to tell people about Jesus. Jesus tells me so in the great commission. What I do not have to worry about is what they do with it after I tell them.

Douray-Rheims : Matthew Chapter 21
[28] But what think you? A certain man had two sons; and coming to the first, he said: Son, go work to day in my vineyard.
[29] And he answering, said: I will not. But afterwards, being moved with repentance, he went.
[30] And coming to the other, he said in like manner. And he answering, said: I go, Sir; and he went not.
[31] Which of the two did the father's will? They say to him: The first. Jesus saith to them: Amen I say to you, that the publicans and the harlots shall go into the kingdom of God before you.
[32] For John came to you in the way of justice, and you did not believe him. But the publicans and the harlots believed him: but you, seeing it, did not even afterwards repent, that you might believe him.

Jesus clearly shows here that there are some people that will hear what I tell them, and then do nothing with it thought the give head knowledge.  Some others will not listen to me and accept Jesus, but will learn and maybe accept later.  I do not know which is which.  I do know that I have to live my life as a good Christian and help others come to know the Lord.  

It does not matter what I think, it matters what God wants me to do.  I may not see the results, but God will.



Read for next time: Parable of the vine growers; Matthew  21:33-46; Mark 12:1-12; Luke  20:9-18

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list