Saturday, February 12, 2011

After the healing...

February 12, 2011

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  Jewish leaders seek to destroy Jesus; Matthew 21:15-16; Mark 11:18; Luke 19:47-48

Luke 19:47-48 (New English Translation)
47 Jesus was teaching daily in the temple courts. The chief priests and the experts in the law and the prominent leaders among the people were seeking to assassinate him,
48 but they could not find a way to do it, for all the people hung on his words.

After the cleansing of the temple, after the healing of the people, now is the time to teach the people.  It does no good to clean out the bad, and then heal the problems if the learning does not follow it.  This applies to those around me but to myself as well.  Jesus said in a parable that if you do not clean the house and keep in clean, then you will have the spirits return with seven others.

So I must take time to be in the Word daily.  I must take time to go to church to learn from respected preachers.  If I do not, my temple will again decay.  My long absences from writing these, be them just for myself or so that others can read them is not good.  While I know God forgives me, I know I felt the temple being dirtied. When that happens it is time to start the process over I guess.


Read for next time: Jesus leaves Jerusalem; Matthew 21:17; Mark 11:19
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list