Sunday, October 7, 2007

The Word

October 7, 2007

2Ti 3:16 CEV
(16) Everything in the Scriptures is God's Word. All of it is useful for teaching and helping people and for correcting them and showing them how to live.

It is interesting that Paul says to Timothy that all scripture is good for teaching and correction. Show of hands please if you agree with that. Ah, good, you can put your hands down now.

Maybe I should not do this. Show of hands please.... how many have you read the whole Bible from Genesis to Revelations? Thought so. Not so many hands up that time. What is it in us that we do not want to read the Bible through cover to cover? If it is all good for teaching, why are we not learning from all of it. Yes some of it is boring (so and so had such and such), and some of it is weird (The rules in Leviticus and Numbers are such), but when you read it all it opens up and seems to make so much more sense.

I encourage you to start with me in January as I read from cover to cover and will put the plan out for you to read as well. I also know of a plan to read the thing in 90 days (no that is not a misprint). To do it in 90 days you need to read from 1/2 to a full hour each day. Think you can do it? Ask me and I will send you the information in a private email.

Whatever, get into God's word. You can not give it to others till you get it into you.