Thursday, October 11, 2007

Waiting on God

October 11, 2007

Isa 40:31 NET
(31) But those who wait for the LORD's help find renewed strength; ...


I have had a lot of personal problems going on this week. While they have not resolved out the way that I want to be, I have learned to lean on this verse even more than I have ever before. I was literally getting sick over what was happening. It was all out of my control, yet I felt like it was my own fault.

On each day of this week, I said to God, help me get through all of this. Only you can do it God. Especially when my natural reaction was to try to fix things, and I have a good idea that doing that would have mad it worse. I have been weary through the whole thing and wanted to quit any thing that I was doing for God.

Slowly, though things have not really gotten that much better, God has pulled me through. I did not chuck it all. I waited on God, and God gave me the strength that I needed to make it.

When times get discouraging, just take time to wait on the Lord.