Sunday, October 14, 2007

So which do you worship and which do you burn

October 14, 2007

We think it is foolish the way that the ancient people used to worship gods. Even Isiah thought it was funny. He talks about a carver of wood, that goes out and cuts down a tree.

Isaiah 44:16-19 BBE
(16) With part of it he makes a fire, and on the fire he gets meat cooked and takes a full meal: he makes himself warm, and says, Aha! I am warm, I have seen the fire:
(17) And the rest of it he makes into a god, even his pictured image: he goes down on his face before it, giving worship to it, and making prayer to it, saying, Be my saviour; for you are my god.
(18) They have no knowledge or wisdom; for he has put a veil over their eyes, so that they may not see; and on their hearts, so that they may not give attention.
(19) And no one takes note, no one has enough knowledge or wisdom to say, I have put part of it in the fire, and made bread on it; I have had a meal of the flesh cooked with it: and am I now to make the rest of it into a false god? am I to go down on my face before a bit of wood?

I think it is funny. How did he know which part to cook with and which to carve? We would never do any thing so stupid as this would we?

Where do we put our time? Do we compartmentalize our time? Is our time of worship relegated to a few minutes reading a devotional and Sunday mornings? How do you know when to worship God and when not to. God wants us to to spend all of our time with Him in worship. It is not hard to do you know. Just be aware of Him as you go about your business. Talk to Him like He is right there. He is you know. He wants to be with you more than you know.