Monday, October 22, 2007

Check up from the neck up

October 22, 2007


Titus 1:16 KJV
(16) They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

I know that I have said many times here that you cannot do any works that will get you into heaven. And I stand by that. But, works are still important. I never want to let you think that you do not have to do any works. In fact, Paul wrote to Titus to watch out for people who say that they know God, but they show that they do not know God by the very things that they do (or do not do).

In conversation with my daughter tonight she told me she was having trouble with people in her class that are Christians teasing her. I said, 'how do you know they are Christian?' She replied, 'they say they go to church.' I told her that because I go in a garage does not make me a car. While we are not to judge there salvation, just because they say they go to church does not mean that they are a Christian. People who say they are Christians, both who are and are not, can and will do stuff wrong. It is when we do this stiff on a consistent basis that we better do a check up from the neck up, so that we can see if we are really acting like the Christians that we say that we are.