Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What can you imagine

October 17, 2007


1 Corinthians 2:9-10 GW
(9) But as Scripture says: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined the things that God has prepared for those who love him."
(10) God has revealed those things to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches everything, especially the deep things of God.

I can not imagine what heaven is like. One time I just let my self get lost in the thought of what it would be like. All I could visualize was a sea of people that were turned to a light source that seemed to bring peace to all that were there. And no matter how far you were from it, the light seemed to be right next to you. I have tried to ask God if that is what it is like but have never gotten a reply. While I have read similar types of descriptions in the Bible, never one just like it. What a feeling though as I could visualize it in my mind.

But even as beautiful as that seemed, Paul's letter to the Corinthians, tells us that we will never comprehend what God has prepared for us. We can get some thoughts on it because we have the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit will guide you in anything you need. And it is from Him that we are able to communicate with and understand God.

Take some time to get quiet, and listen to what the Spirit says to you.