Saturday, October 27, 2007

Condemnation

October 27, 2007

John 3:17 AUV-NT
(17) For God did not send His Son into the world to be its judge [i.e., to condemn it], but [rather] so that the people of the world could be saved [from condemnation] though Him.

Jesus did not come into this world to judge it. What a delight it was to learn this. I came from a strong sin conscious denomination when I was growing up. What a relief to find out that God and His Son did not come to judge me, but to save me from being condemned. WOW!

Now, can I do stuff wrong. Yes, and I do. I ask God to forgive me and I know it is done because Jesus covers my sins. I cannot continue to sin in those ways with out getting some punishment, but each time I as forgiveness when I sin, and I really mean it, then it gets harder for me to sin that way the next time.

I no longer have that image of God with a big hammer wanting to get me, more like a father who wants me, His child, to succeed.