Friday, October 19, 2007

Ashamed

October 18, 2007

I can imagine it now. A guy has a wife and when he goes to a party, he tries to fact that he is married to her. I imagine when he gets home, he will hear about it. I wonder if God feels any different about it?

Mark 8:38 Complete Apostles' Bible
(38) For whosoever is ashamed of Me and My words among this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him, whenever He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels."


I guess He does not. Jesus makes it clear that he will not tolerate being ashamed of Him. So do you hide the fact that you are His brother. Do you walk away from off color jokes? Do you tolerate people using His name as a cuss word? Would you do the same for someone you love? If so, do you love Jesus?