Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Body

March 26, 2011

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Warnings to be alert; Matthew 24:34-51; Mark 13:30-37; Luke 21:32-36

Mark 13:35-36(NET)
35 Stay alert, then, because you do not know when the owner of the house will return - whether during evening, at midnight, when the rooster crows, or at dawn -
36 or else he might find you asleep when he returns suddenly.

Do I own my own house?  Not that the physical building that I live in here on earth. I own that (along with the mortgage company).  I mean my body.  I do not feel that I do.  While I have to maintain it, it was given to me by God and I think that this scripture is telling me that God will come back one day to reclaim it.

What do I want that body to be like?  Do I want it to be abused by the punishment that give to it?  Is that what I want to do with what God has given to me?

This body cries out to me though. It want what it wants so that it can feel better.  So as Jesus says, I must watch.  The owner will return some day.  I need to be able to return what was given to me in good shape.


Read for next time: Parable of the 10 virgins 25:1-13

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list