Friday, March 25, 2011

Signs

March 25, 2011

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Parable of the fig tree; Matthew 24:32-33; Mark 13:28-29; Luke 21:29-31

Luke 21:29-31(NET)
29 Then he told them a parable: "Look at the fig tree and all the other trees.
30 When they sprout leaves, you see for yourselves and know that summer is now near.
31 So also you, when you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of God is near.

These scriptures have been hard to write about this week.  I do not see myself as much of an end-times person.  Someone asked me one time if I was pre-tribulation, mid-tribulation or post-tribulation.  I told them I was pan-tribulation.  That when it happened it would all pan out.  I really cannot be concerned about arguing about when Jesus will come back.  

But it is clear that the end is near.  The signs are there. And Jesus tells us that we can predict spring so we should look for the signs. They are there, wars, rumors of wars, earthquakes, tsunamis.  

Time for me to step up the effort of winning the lost, of helping the sick and broken hearted.

Read for next time: Warnings to be alert; Matthew 24:34-51; Mark 13:30-37; Luke 21:32-36
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list