Saturday, March 5, 2011

Jesus asks me....

March 5, 2011

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Jesus questions them about baptism ; Matthew 22:41-46; Mark 12:35-37; Luke 20:41-44

Mark 12:35 (BWE)
35 Jesus was teaching people in the temple. He said, ‘How can the scribes say that Christ is David’s son?

If I am to ask Jesus questions like happened in the last reading.  I must be prepared to answer the questions Jesus asks me.  I must also be willing to sit and listen to Him, as He through the Holy Spirit tries to teach me.

That can be the really hard part, listening to what is being taught.  I can hear the question quite clearly a lot of time. What I want to do is figure out the answer on my own, and that does not always work.


I need to listen when God asks the questions, not try to answer them on my own.


Read for next time: Warnings about Scribes and Pharisees; Matthew 23:1-39; Mark 12:38-40; Luke 20:45-47
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list