Thursday, March 24, 2011

His words

March 24, 2011

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Jesus teaches about the 2nd coming; Matthew 24:29-31; Mark 13:24-27; Luke 21:25-28


ESV: Luke 21:33. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.

There have been some dark moments in my life of late.  Some problems just seem not to want to go away, though many have.  Some have tried to reach up and grab me once again.  Through it all I have hung on to God’s Word.

Now I am no saint by any means what so ever.  In fact, almost 20 years ago I walked away from God and my family so I could have what I wanted.  God gently nudged me back to Him though.  At the point I am at in my life, the same options were beginning to present themselves again. Seek my own happiness (or at least what I thought would be) or stay with God.  

At these times, it is good to know the scriptures.  When I feel the weakest, then I know that God is with me and will be with me.  Why?  Because I know that His Words will never pass away.

Read for next time:Parable of the fig tree; Matthew 24:32-33; Mark 13:28-29; Luke 21:29-31
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list