Thursday, March 10, 2011

When

March 9, 2011

The life of Jesus. Read Today: 4 fishermen question Jesus; Matthew 24:3; Mark 13:3-4; Luke 21:7

ISV: Mark Chapter 13
[3] As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives facing the temple, Peter, James, John, and Andrew were asking him privately,
[4] “Tell us, when will these things take place, and what will be the sign when these things will be put into effect?”

Jesus just told the disciples that the temple was to be destroyed.  They had their whole belief system changed because they thought that Jesus whole purpose was to take over and lead them in an earthly kingdom.  So they asked the typical questions. ‘When is this going to happen?’

What did it matter to them when it was going to happen?  Well, what they wanted was gone. In my life there are many times that I have cried out to God and said, when God are you going to take care of this problem so I do not have to anymore.  Thing is, He has taken it already, I just have to get my head on straight and understand that.  And the disciples needed to understand that Jesus was not talking about what they wanted.  

When God tells me that He has the problem, give it to Him.  When I need to know when it will be solved, then I have not given it to Him.

Read for next time: Jesus warns disciples of persecution; Matthew 24:4-14; Mark 13:5-13; Luke 21:8-19
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list