Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Time?

March 23, 2011

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Jesus predicts the fall of Jerusalem; Matthew 24:15-28; Mark 13:14-23; Luke  21:20-24

Luke 21:20(BWE)
20 ‘When you see soldiers all around Jerusalem, then you will know that it will soon be broken down.

As I type this today I have just read a news story about Hamas attacking Israel from Palestine again.  It is so clear that we are so near the end times.  Soldiers are all around Jerusalem, and the Mideast countries are in so much turmoil that the military is being brought in to take care of that.  

And yet, it seems so distant to me, like nothing that I can do can change anything.  Do I pray that it comes to pass quickly so I can go home? Or do I pray that it be delayed so that more people can be reached with the salvation message?  

I feel like I should do something, just what and how?

Read for next time: Jesus teaches about the 2nd coming; Matthew 24:29-31; Mark 13:24-27; Luke 21:25-28
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list