Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ask Questions

March 2, 2011

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Scribes and Pharisees question Jesus: Matthew 22:34-40; Mark 12:28-34

God wants me to seek Him every day.


ESV: Mark Chapter 12
[28] And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, Which commandment is the most important of all?
[29] Jesus answered, The most important is, Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

The scribes were not people who Jesus got along with in general.  But here was one who honestly came to Jesus seeing that the answer he had given the Pharisees was well reasoned out by Jewish law.  He was honestly seeking the answer to a question.

Jesus could have played the same game He had done with the others and answered the man with a question, but Jesus did not.  Verse 29 tells us that Jesus answered the man.  

In my own life, there are many times that I have questions.  If I honestly come to Jesus and ask Him, and not want to try to justify some sin, then I will be provided with an honest answer.  Jesus wants to answer my questions, I have only to honestly answer them.

Read for next time: Jesus questions them about baptism ; Matthew 22:41-46; Mark 12:35-37; Luke 20:41-44

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list