Sunday, December 21, 2008

What does your face show?

December 20, 2008

Years ago, in what seems like another life, I worked at a Christian radio station on Sunday nights. My shift would start at 6 PM, but I would often show up a little early. While my shift was almost all music, the owner of the station had sold the afternoon slots to various ministries that preached the Word. Some even came in and did the broadcast live. That was sometimes fun to watch. They sometimes would sing. I remember them singing the words 'I sing because I'm happy'. What was funny was the look on his face. It looked like he had eaten sour lemons. How could he be happy and look like that on his face?

1 Peter 2:9 (ESV)

9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

Did that man really believe he was a chosen race? Did he really believe he was a royal priesthood. Personally, and I am trying not to judge him, but I do no think he did.

We are all going to have down moments. They should be the exception to the rule. When people see you they should see the glory of the Lord shining through.

Remember who you are in God.


Read through the Bible in historical order
Today

1 Peter 1 - 5
Tomorrow
Hebrews 1:1-6:20
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list