Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Is sin sweet?

December 29, 2008

Revelation 10:8-10 UPDV
(8) And the voice which I heard from heaven, [I heard it] again speaking with me, and saying, Go, take the book which is open in the hand of the angel who stands on the sea and on the earth.
(9) And I went to the angel, saying to him that he should give me the little book. And he says to me, Take it, and eat it up; and it will make your belly bitter, but in your mouth it will be sweet as honey.
(10) And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and when I had eaten it, my belly was made bitter.


I do not know for a fact, but as I have looked at this verse, I have always though of the scroll that was taken as a scroll of sin.

Sin taste sweet when it starts. It seems like such a beautiful thing. But in the end it is nothing but bitterness. The wake of what sin can leave behind, broken homes, is devastating.

Take time to read the Word, know what is sin and what is not and try not to let that sweet taste get in your mouth.

Read through the Bible in historical order
Today

Revelation 6 - 11
Tomorrow
Revelation 12 - 18
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list