Thursday, December 11, 2008

Holy Spirit help

December 9, 2008


When I want to sin, and know that it is a sin, but I still want to do it, what do I do? Paul gives me the answer plain and clear.


Rom 8:26 ESV
(26) Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.


I do not have to sin. Paul makes it clear. When I am feeling weak, when I feel like God would not listen to me because I am wanting to sin, that is when I can turn to God through the Holy Spirit. I can ask Him to help. The Holy Spirit knows what the situation is and will take care of it in ways that I could never even think about.

Turn to the Holy Spirit when you feel weak and away from God. He will help you.

Read through the Bible in historical order
Today

Romans 8:1 - 10:21
Tomorrow
Romans 11 -13
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list