Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Loose your salvation?

December 3, 2008

1 Corinthians 15:1-3 WEB
1 Now I declare to you, brothers, the Good News which I preached to you, which also you received, in which you also stand,
2 by which also you are saved, if you hold firmly the word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

Someone once asked me if they could loose their salvation. I told them the only way they could loose it was not to have it in the first place. They asked me for scripture to back that up and I could not think of any. As I read through today's verses I think I found the answer. Paul tells the Corinthians to hold fast to what he preached, unless the believed in vain. Vain here in the Greek means with out reason. That makes some sense. Faith, contrary to what the world tells us, is not an emotional thing. It is not a crutch that we use to prop ourselves up. It reasons out and then comes to the fact that all things rationally have to come from something that we cannot see. From there we see God in all that He did.

If people have an emotional salvation, it does not necessarily mean that they are not saved, just that they need to get down to the nuts and bolts of it soon.

Read through the Bible in historical order
Today

1 Corinthians 15:1-16:24
Tomorrow
2 Corinthians 1:1-4:18
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list