Monday, December 29, 2008

What does Jesus look like now?

December 28, 2008

I am a big NASCAR fan. I know, they drive around in circles and go fast, but there is more to the sport than that. The reason I state my fan nature here is that I saw a movie called Tallehdaga Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. Now, I wanted to see it because of the NASCAR nature. I know it had some rough language in it but I over looked it.

In the Movie, Ricky Bobby, played by Will Farrel, stops to say the blessing before they eat the meal before them. As he starts his prayer he says, 'Dear sweet baby Jesus.' His wife stops him and reminds him that Jesus grew up and was killed. He replies to her that you can pray to your grown up Jesus but when I am praying it will be to the baby Jesus.

Now that is an image problem. Too many people see Jesus as the sweet little baby in the manger. Others see Him as the man who died on the cross at about 33 years of age. Did you know there is a third image of Jesus that we have to see also. He is not the sweet baby or the loving savior.

Revelation 1:12-16 UPDV
(12) And I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands;
(13) and among the lampstands one like a son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girded about at the breasts with a golden belt.
(14) And his head and his hair were white as white wool, [white] as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
(15) and his feet like burnished bronze, as if it had been refined in a furnace; and his voice as the voice of many waters.
(16) And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth proceeded a sharp two-edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shines in his strength.


This is the image of Jesus that we will see when we pass from this earth and go to meet our maker. I think that this is the real image of Jesus. And I know that this is the one that will judge me for my salvation.

What image do you have of Jesus?

Read through the Bible in historical order
Today

Revelations 1 - 5
Tomorrow
Revelation 6 - 11
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list