Thursday, December 11, 2008

Dead to sin

December 8, 2008

Rom 6:11 ESV
(11) So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.


So often I who live in this body want to sin. Sometimes I fail, most times I stop myself. Now my sins are not big things like trying to sell a elected officials position to the one who can get me the highest amount of money, but they are sins just the same. They may be yelling at my kids, or cutting off someone while driving to work. What makes a difference for me is that when I sin I can turn to God and ask for help to get through not doing them again.

The trick here is to notice the sin and want to change. As you do that, you will realize when you do wrong quicker and want to not do it in the first place. Then is when you truly become dead to sin.

Read through the Bible in historical order
Today

Romans 4:1 - 7:25
Tomorrow
Romans 8:1 - 10:21
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list