Saturday, December 6, 2008

A New Creation

December 5, 2008

2 Corinthians 5:17 GW
(17) Whoever is a believer in Christ is a new creation. The old way of living has disappeared. A new way of living has come into existence.

What a strange verse. When I was a new believer in Christ I can say that I was not a new person. I still got angry, I still smoked, and had all sorts of problems. So was I a new believer or not.

The trick is how man is made up. Man has three parts, spirit soul and body. Remember that when Adam ate of the fruit, God said that he would die, but Adam sis not. So that shows there are at least two parts. Those to me are the spirit and the body. Paul will later say that the ord of God divides the soul and the spirit. So what part of me changed under 2 Corinthians 5:17? I suggest to you that it is the spirit. It was dead to Christ but now it is alive.

Too often we want to say this verse means we have changed. But we still have the same body. It is up to our body to renew our mind to a clean way of thinking and then bring the body in line with it.

Read through the Bible in historical order
Today

2 Corinthians 5:1-9:15
Tomorrow
2 Corinthians 10:1-13:14
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list