Monday, December 15, 2008

Division

Rom 16:17-18 ESV
(17) I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them.
(18) For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.



When I stared my new job on the campus that I work at, the start of a new semester brought out a lot of students, and the new student organizations as well. One day as I was walking by one of the rooms I was greeted by a friendly face inviting me in for lunch. As I was hungry I went in. It was the first meeting of the campus organization called 'Baptist Collegiate Ministries.' They invited us all to come back from week to week, no matter staff, faculty or student. It was good food and I did enjoy the fellowship, but my charismatic leaning I thought would not sit well with the Baptist nature of things, especially since my experience with Baptist church people did not go well when they found out my leanings.

It was then the minister told me what I had felt all along. Let's fellowship on what we can agree on and let the rest fall aside. We have had some healthy conversations since then. I do not try to force my view on him, nor he on me, but we try to see what the other one sees and why. In a recent time of crisis, I was able to provide him with a sermon my pastor taught that dealt with a situation happening where he worked. I can truly say that he has become a friend.

Do not let obstacle get in your way. People who do that can loose fellowship. Major on the majors and leave the minors alone.

Read through the Bible in historical order
Today

Romans 14 - 16
Tomorrow
Acts 20 - 23
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list

Still working on catching up from sick and accident at work also