Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Out in the field

July 10, 2007

How often do things seem better on the other side of the fence? Things are not always the best there though.

Rth 2:8-9 VW
(8) Then Boaz said to Ruth, You will listen, my daughter, will you not? Do not go to glean in another field, nor go from here, but stay close by my young women.
(9) Let your eyes be on the field which they reap, and go after them. Have I not commanded the young men not to touch you? And when you are thirsty, go to the vessels and drink from what the young men have drawn.

In the story of Ruth, if you have not studied it, Ruth is a type of us who have committed ourselves to God. Boaz, the Lord of the harvest, is a type Jesus. In the end, Boaz takes Ruth, a woman from Moab, Israel's enemies, and marries her because she is a close relative, her husband was related to Boaz before and then he died.

Before things got to that point though, Boaz saw the type of woman she was, the dedication to her mother-in-law. He wanted to reward her and made sure she was taken care of. He made sure that she stayed in his field. She could have ignored his advice. She could have seen that another field looked like better pickings, but she chose to take his advice.

What about us. Do we see sometimes that things look better and want to jump ship and not wait on or listen to God. I personally have had a long time in being out of work. It would have been easy for me to take some lower job doing something that God had not called me to do. I have wanted to do it, but I have been patient with the whole thing. Now, I have a job interview making at least 7,000 more a year than I was making. Do I have the job, nope, but the person talking to me about it seems to think I am on the fast track.

Stay in the 'field' God wants you to be in. It will bless you in the end.

--Translation Information
A Voice in the Wilderness
Box 9531
Spokane, WA 99209
USA
Website: www.a-voice.org
E-mail: www.a-voice.org/mail