Thursday, July 12, 2007

Going to battle

July 12, 2007

I used to work out at the gym. I was never buff like some of the guys, but working out did make me feel good. I always hoped that one day I would have the six-pack abs those guys did, and not the keg I had. Working out did build strength in me, a natural strength.

Did you realize that our strength is not important? All of our strength in the natural could not stop someone from dying if they were sick. And when people are out to get you, they will get enough people around them to take you out. Joshua, Moses' servant had a problem one time, he was seeing the armies that they were going to take on, and wondered how they were going to get through it all. His leader, Moses had passed on and he was in charge now. Do you know what God said to him?

Jos 1:9 KJV
(9) Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.


God was with them. Their strength was not what was going to win the battles, it was God's strength. They still had to work themselves to the point they could do the job, but God was going to win the battles for them. When we face a battle, and I do not mean a big one like a war, I mean any type at all (including that secret sin that you may battle), God is the one that will give you strength to overcome it if you let Him. You just have to listen to Him when He speaks encouragement to you.