Monday, July 2, 2007

God I want a blessing

July 2, 2007

I always want to be in the blessing of God as I am sure that you do also. How do we get the blessing of God? Is it in doing His work? Is it in praying? The answer is in the first book of the Bible.

Gen 1:28 CEV
(28) God gave them his blessing and said: Have a lot of children! Fill the earth with people and bring it under your control. Rule over the fish in the ocean, the birds in the sky, and every animal on the earth.


Did you catch the beginning of that verse? God blessed them and said! Anytime God speaks in the Bible, the people have a chance to be blessed. It is up to them to decide to be blessed or not.

How does that relate to me. While I can pray and listen to what God speaks to me, the blessing I get will not come to pass unless I do what He asks me to do. I have to hear His word to a point of doing it. And what if I never get an answer from God? How can I hear His word then? Do you have a Bible. It is the written word of God. I have not ever had a time that I have picked it up and not gotten some insight into God as I read it. His word speaks to me and I get blessed.

Now, go, get a blessing.