Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Giving

July 17, 2007

I remember when growing up wanting to be like my dad. I also remember that my dad had false teeth. He had been in the navy and rather than work on his teeth, they pulled them all and gave him false teeth. One day, someone told me that I needed to brush my teeth real good. 'You do not want to grow up to be like your dad, do you?' they said. The truth is that I wanted to be like him and that gave me an idea (which did not last long, mom objected) to not brush so I could get false teeth to be just like my dad.

Dad has long ago passed away, and in some ways I am like him, in many ways I am not. In reality, I would like people to say I am just like my Father, just not my earthly one.

Joh 3:16 KJV
(16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.


God loves us. And He loves us so much He gave. He gave everything, He gave His son. I can only hope when people look into my life they see God in me. How about you?