Tuesday, June 5, 2007

June 5, 2007 - Trust in God

Trust in God

Day to day life can get scary sometimes. In my own life, I have been unemployed recently. The prospect of a few weeks without income put me into a panic. Then, the truth of today's verse came through.

Psa 56:3 KJV
(3) What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.

I have had more than before to trust in God. When I first heard of the layoff, I thought my income was gone. I teach part time so I would have some more income, but it only had a few students. My medical benefits were canceled.
Then I found out, I had severance pay. Income would continue. They were making preparations for me to take a different class that had more students. And even though I lost benefits, the state of Oklahoma where I live has a medical program for under-insured children and their parents.

I could panic, I could be afraid, or I could trust in God. I think trusting God was the better plan. What do you think?