Friday, June 29, 2007

Cosmic chess board

June 29, 2007

Have you ever thought that the God does not have a purpose for you. He does you know. The Psalmist tells us so.

Psalm 138:8(NIV) “The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever— do not abandon the works of your hands.”

God has a plan for your life. What is it? I do not know. I do not even know what the plan is for my life. I do know he has a plan. It is like I am a piece on a cosmic chess board and He has me do what He needs me to do. The difference between a chess board and life is that the pieces on the chess board can not tell the chess player they do not want to move. They do what they are told. The player must have a plan and it may involve pain for the piece. I have a choice. I can tell God that I do not want to do what He wants me to do, that it will cause pain. I can walk away and God can use another piece. In doing that though, I will not have the best plan for what God has for my life. I need to work thorough what ever pain that will come my way. In only that can I see the results that He has for me. What is good though is even if I am not in the plan, He will not abandon me. I am the work of His hands.