Sunday, June 24, 2007

God's Spit

June 24, 2007

Have you ever been out working on a summer day. You went to reach for a drink of water and found it to be lukewarm, not cold. While it will quench the thirst, it does not taste good. That drink is a lot like a lot of us. God has a plan for us, and he wants us to follow it. God wants us to make a choice for Him. It made it so clear to the church at Laodicea.

Rev 3:15-16 GW
(15) I know what you have done, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were cold or hot.
(16) But since you are lukewarm and not hot or cold, I'm going to spit you out of my mouth.

I can sit and do nothing, or I can try to find out what His will is for my life. Or, I cannot submit to Him at all. Not submitting to him means I am cold. Submitting and doing what he asks, that is hot. But when we submit to him, and then do not do what he asks, we are lukewarm. God just wants to take that and spit it out, it does not please Him at all.

So are you cold or hot? I know none of these readers are lukewarm? Or are they?

--Translation Information
GOD'S WORD

Copyright © 1995 by GOD'S WORD to the Nations Bible Society. All rights reserved.

GOD'S WORD to the Nations Bible Society
P.O. Box 30699
Cleveland, Ohio 44130-0699

http://www.godsword.org