Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Healed them all?

February 10, 2009

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Many healed at sunset; Mark 1:32-34; Luke 4:40-41

Mark 1:34 Montgomery
34 He cured many who were ill with various diseases, and drove out many demons. But he did not allow the demons to speak, because they knew who he was.


Jesus cured many. It does not say that He cured them all. Why did some not get healed? I do not know. I do know that in another place in the Bible it says that Jesus could not do miracles because of the unbelief. Maybe not all get healed not because of what God does, but because of what they do.

Let's say that I am up on the roof of my house doing some work. I can believe that I will not get hurt and that is all well and good. But if I get to close to the edge and am not careful, my friend Mr. Gravity will take over and I will fall off the roof, most likely hurting myself. It is not anything that God did, I chose to get to close to the edge.

Some healing may not be there because of our faith, some because of our past actions. All I know is Jesus could not heal them all and I need to learn to accept that.



Read for tomorrow: Disciples seek Jesus; Mark 1:35-38; Luke 4:42-43