Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Giving

February 25, 2009


The life of Jesus. Read Today: Jesus withdraws to the sea; Matthew 12:14-21; Mark 3:7

Mark 3:7 ESV
7 Jesus withdrew with his disciples to the sea, and a great crowd followed, from Galilee and Judea


Ministry can take place even when you do not want it or expect it. Here we see Jesus wanting to take a break and go to the sea for some down time. The people would not have it. Though He needed time off, Jesus gave out of what the people needed.

Recently I was at work at one of my jobs. Someone needed some help in a counseling situation. I was tired from lifting boxes, kind of down for personal reasons, and all I wanted to do was eat my candy bar, drink my water and go back to work. However, this person needed me and so I say, listened and gave my council.

As followers of Christ we are all required to be prepared to give what people need, when people need it.



Read for tomorrow: Many follow Jesus to be healed; Matthew 4:23-25; Mark 3:7-12