Thursday, July 10, 2008

Why do you need Jesus

July 10, 2008

Isaiah 6:5 GW
(5) So I said, "Oh, no! I'm doomed. Every word that passes through my lips is sinful. I live among people with sinful lips. I have seen the king, the LORD of Armies!"


It is fairly clear why we need Jesus. We are unclean, sinful, dark. Isaiah realized this when he was brought before God in his vision. Not only are we sinners, but all around us are. We cannot be in the presence of the light of God. For us to be able to talk to God, to get rid of the darkness, something had to be done to give us light. That something was Jesus. He came and let the light be drained out of Him when He was on the cross. That light was then given to each of us. Just like Isaiah did when he was made clean, we can now comebefore God and do what He needs us to do. When God looks at us, He sees the light of Jesus on and in us, if we have accepted Him as I our savior.

Walk in the light.



Today

Isaiah 5:1-8:22

Tomorrow
Amos 1:1-5:27

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list