Sunday, July 27, 2008

Who does God swear by?

July 27, 2008


When you have to promise to tell the truth it is called swearing. You usually have to swear on something or someone better than you. You know, you have heard the expressions 'I swear on aa stack of Bibles,; or, I swear on my blessed mother's heart.' Question! When God makes a promise who does He swear by? Is there anyone or anything greater than God? The answer is no. So how does God swear to something?


Isaiah 45:23 ESV
(23) By myself I have sworn; from my mouth has gone out in righteousness a word that shall not return: 'To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear allegiance.'


There is no one better than God. So He has to swear by Himself. And He has made a bunch of promises in the Bible and He swears to them.

Take a look, in the book.


Read through the Bible in historical order in one year

Today
Isaiah 44:1-48:22

Tomorrow
2 Kings 18:9-19:37, Psalms 46:1-11, Psalms 80:1-19, Psalms 135:1-21

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list