Thursday, July 17, 2008

Put God First

July 16, 2008

Isaiah 14:12-15 UPDV
(12) How you have fallen from heaven, O day-star, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, who laid low the nations!
(13) And you said in your heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; and I will sit on the mount of congregation, in the uttermost parts of the north;
(14) I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.
(15) Yet you will be brought down to Sheol, to the uttermost parts of the pit.


While most everyone agrees that these verses deal with Lucifer (aka Satan) it might be a good idea to look at why he fell. He choose not to put God first. He chose to lift himself above God.

This is a good example of what not to do with your life. In Vacation Bible School this week we had some spare time so one of the teachers started asking the kids questions and taching them his version of the ten commandments. The first one we all know, to honor God. But he made it simple for the kids. He raised his index finger in the air and said 'put God first!'

What a simple thought from a complicated verse.


Read through the Bible in historical order in one year

Today

Isaiah 13:1-17:14

Tomorrow
Isaiah 18:1-22:25

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list