Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What weapon?

July 30, 2008

So often in my own life I think that the problems that surround me are my own doing. To some degree they are, but in so many others they are not. I deal with people. How they interpret what I say, especially when it was not said in any hurtful way from me, is not my problem. It is how they deal with it. In other things, like weather problems, traffic problems, etc., I have no control over the environment around me. All I can do is live in it. Through all of this though I have one precious promise in the Bible.

Isaiah 54:16-17 MKJV
(16) Behold, I have created the smith who blows the coals in the fire, and who brings out a tool for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.
(17) No weapon that is formed against you shall be blessed; and every tongue that shall rise against you in judgment, you shall condemn. This is the inheritance of the servants of Jehovah, and their righteousness is from Me, says Jehovah.


You see, God created not only the earth, but the people and the things that will come against me. In creating them He has given me a promise. Nothing that He has created will ever be able to defeat me. God has given that to me as a promise. I have to believe it.

So, in other words, the only thing that can defeat me, is me.



Read through the Bible in historical order in one year

Today
Isaiah 49:1-53:12

Tomorrow
Isaiah 59:1-63:19

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list